Monday, June 1, 2009

Oasis

Part of being in America is living life in a certain pace. Life is fast and if you don’t sit down for a min to smell the roses then you are going to miss what is going on. These last few months have been the craziest I’ve ever had! Working while planning a wedding as well as having multiple court dates to get increased visitation as well as get a schedule for the visitation so it would be easier to plan for visitation. Through all of this I have realized how important it is to have that oasis. Either you can make your whole home your oasis or if you work from home or are a stay at home mom and you are in the home most of the day make sure you are creating at least one place in your home that can be your oasis.

The word Oasis means a fertile ground in desert where the level of underground water rises to or near ground level, and where plants grow and travelers can replenish water supplies. Or a place or period that gives relief from a troubling or chaotic situation. There are many definitions oasis but what does it mean to you.

Right now my favorite place for relaxing after a stressful or busy day is on the porch. I get a good book and burl up in my chair and drift off to a new world in my book. If you have a porch or balcony or any place outside I would recommend getting a hammock chair. They are amazing when you just need a place to sit and relax. I am one of those people that loves to just curl up with a book at any chance I can get. My hammock chair is one of my favorite places to do that. Porch chairs are nice but there is nothing quick like relaxing in my hammock chair. At the end of the day I get a drink and go on the porch and read a book or watch the sky as the sun sets. We have a canyon right next to our home and watching the trees and bushes for animals is a great way to sit and relax.

Another one of my favorite things to do to relax is to take a nice hot bath at the end of the day or sit in the hot tub. I don’t know about anyone else but I love the sound of water and water falls. That’s why I got a water fountain. When I’m working around the house or sitting in the hot tub or taking a bath to relax I turn on the fountain and the sound takes me away on a vacation to jungle or forest. The water fountain I got is a fire and water fountain, so when I have it on and I’m trying to relax, like in the bath tub or in the hot tub or just trying to have a romantic evening, its nice to be able to have the candle light to set a tone for the atmosphere as well as have the water fall sound to focus on to take you on your mini vacation.

Well I guess that’s it for now. There are many ways to create an oasis in your own home and maybe I’ll talk more about them another time but for now those are my oasises. I hope you all enjoy creating your own oasis and can take some time for yourself in this busy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment