Friday, May 29, 2009

New to blogger


My name is Kari Tau soon to be Weddle. Next month I am getting married to the most amazing man, named Grant, and getting the most beautiful step daughter, named Sammy. My soon to be husband is in the military and has been for the last 5 years and just re enlisted for the next 4 years. For the next 4 years we are stationed down in San Diego California. I've been here for the last 5 years. I came down here for school and during my senior year met my soon to be husband. I went to school for my BA in psychology so that I would be able to work with kids and youth.

The main goal of my blog is to be able to share my experiences of building my home and have people share with me their experiences of building their own homes. It doesn't take much to have a house, but I've learned though not only my own experience but by watching those around me, including my mom, that turning a house into a home takes hard work. A house is just a house until you make it your own and build the kind of environment that will make your house your home. I want to share my experiences while i am making my house into a home for my family, and I hope that people will share with me their own experiences.

I am also writing this blog to share the tips that I learn for building your home, inside and out. Your home isn't just your house, it's also the surrounding yard (and garden if you have one). For me, both are equally important when building your home, especially if you have children or are planning on having children. Grant and I hope to build our home and lives around and for our children. We want them to be able to have a safe living environment to learn and grown up in. We hope people will feel the same way we do about building their homes, and will share with us their experiences, lessons, and tips they have learned over the years.

1 comment:

  1. welcome to blogging! thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete